What a great way to end the last couple days of the year, with two award nominations! I’d very much like to thank Miss Marzipan, who took time out of her crafty, do-it-yourself creations to nominate me for both the Reality Blog Award and the Sunshine Award! It’s always appreciated, when my words and sweet treats are well-received and recognized by such wonderful bloggers. And though I know we all don’t always have time to accept/participate, it always feels good to get nominated. I’ve only been blogging for a short while, but the feedback I receive from all of you and things like these awards make me think I’m doing something right and compels me to continue blogging .
Reality Blog Award
Reality Blog Award
According to Miss Marzipan, I just answer the following questions and nominate other bloggers.
1. If you could change one thing, what would you change?
World peace or something to that affect. I’d make everyone fat and happy. Aren’t we all happier and peaceful when we’re eating something delicious?
2. If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
I’d be a child again, only to regain that innocence you only have at that young age and lose as you grow up. I love kids.
3. What is one thing that really scares you?
Never being successful with my goals.
4. What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?
I have always wanted to write a book. Now that I found this love for baking, it might be a cook book. But I’d also like to write a work of fiction. I think with enough determination and lots of self-motivation, it can be done.
5. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?
I’d be a dog. I’m serious.
terry1954 – Inspirational stories for the soul
Much a Munch – Delicious food and reviews from Sydney, Australia
Bake Love Not War – Peace with cupcakes and other treats
cupcakesakura – Sweet and cute fashion tips
The Patterned Plate – Diverse menus and stories
Emmy Cooks – Recipes from a Seattle kitchen
A Lot On Your Plate – Tips for managing a “plateful” of responsibilities
Love. Bake. Live. – Searching for happiness via baking
This award is given from one blogger to another for “positively and uniquely inspiring others in the blogosphere,” and is symbolized by a flower.
1. Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post.
2. Do the Q&A below.
3. Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Socrates, I think. I failed philosophy in college, actually.
2. What is your favorite number? 22
3. What is your favorite animal? DOGS.
4. What is your favorite time of day? Midnight, I’m a night owl.
5. What are your Facebook and Twitter? My Twitter is @melissabakes .
6. What is your favorite holiday? Definitely Halloween, I’ve had the annual Halloween party for years! I love dressing up, the costumes, and am a fan of horror movies so it all goes hand in hand. Plus – the candy.
7. What is your physical favorite activity? Also enjoy dancing!
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Water. I drink it like.. water.
9. What is your passion? Writing/baking/reading. Creating. Acquiring knowledge. Loving. The animals. Living passionately.
10. What is your favorite flower? I don’t really think I have one.
Sweet Vida – Musings about happy things
Sweet and Crumby – A baking love story
Allison Eats – Food adventures from a food lover
Natalie’s Daily Crave – Recipes from a personal chef
Emily Cooks Vegan – Tasty vegan cooking
Kiran’s Cooking Club – Everyday Indian food
Sweet Peas Kitchen – A teacher who loves to cook
happyandsimple – Simple things for a happy life
Natalie M. Rotunda’s Organic Pantry Blog – Healthy eats from organic producers
Cookiemomma’s Blog – A mother’s beautiful photographs and stories
Congratulations to all nominees! I wish all could participate but completely understand if that’s not possible. You deserve the recognition all the same. Thank you all for following this blog of mine and for giving me wonderful blogs to read. I hope we all continue to write, share, do what we enjoy, and that we all build friendships as well.
Love & Sweets,